TERMS OF REFERENCE
Position: Administrative and Finance Officer
Projects: CBCEcoKid # 2021/430-770
Location: Skopje, North Macedonia
Contract duration: 17 months
Engagement period: 1 March 2022 – 31 July 2023
The Cross-Border Cooperation Program between Kosovo and the Republic of Northern Macedonia, in the framework of IPA II funding allocations for 2017 and 2018, supports cross-border cooperation to promote good neighborly relations, socio-economic development, and to promote the membership of both countries in the European Union.
In accordance with the grant contract, number 2021/430-770, signed by the European Union represented by the European Commission (Contracting Authority) on the one hand and the Municipality of Ferizaj (Coordinator) and the Municipality of Chair (Co-beneficiary 1), BSCK (Co-beneficiary 2) and TRIAGOLNIK (Co-beneficiary 3), on the other hand, Project ‘CBCEcoKid’ requires an experienced Administrative and Finance Officer to support the implementation of the activities envisaged under this project, in particular the management of financial activities in Çair municipality.
Position Summary: The Administrative and Finance Officer is expected to contribute to the overall project objective by providing overall support to the Project Coordinator in planning, managing, implementing and completing the financial activities envisaged in the project, ensuring consistency with strategy, commitments, following financial rules and procedures and reaching project goals.
The place of work will be in Skopje. The position also includes travel, mainly throughout the project area to oversee /control project activities and follow various field events.
Under supervision of the Executive Director, key Duties and Responsibilities of the Administrative and Finance Officer are:
- Daily management of Financial Administration;
- Support the Project Coordinator to compile & compare (project) budgets with actual costs and draft financial donor reports;
- Maintaining internal financial control within TRIAGOLNIK;
- Monitoring & administration (financial) requirements of project / donor contracts (incl. reporting deadlines);
- Contract preparation, timesheet preparation, monitoring and evaluation of the action;
- Monitoring & administrating contractual agreements with other third parties;
- Compile & compare (project) budgets with actual costs and draft financial donor reports;
- Drafting new project budgets in cooperation with Project Management;
- Preparing on a regular basis the necessary management information and assist in maintaining correspondence with donors concerning budget modifications;
- Assist preparing and facilitate external audits of the Annual Report & donor reports;
- Assist the Project Coordinator on management of personnel administration;
- Monitoring and / or Execute payment administration;
- Performing Internal audits;
- Financial project reporting;
- Monitoring of Contract Register entries.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Knowledge of Triagolnik’s Accounting system
• Knowledge and experience of European Union funding programmes/projects;
• Demonstrated finance management experience and successful funding achievements;
• Good numeracy and attention to detail with an ability to work within tight deadlines;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with dynamic and diverse staff and management across all levels, both internally and externally;
• Excellent organisation, communication, time management, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills;
• Use of English language, both written and spoken;
• Political acumen and ability to work across international boundaries.
• Proven experience in finance management in donor project acquisition;
• Knowledge/experience of ICT, experienced user of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• Ability to work in other languages (Macedonian and/or Albanian, Serbian) would be an advantage;
• Flexibility to travel at short notice abroad on short-term missions;
• This post will involve travel in country and in Kosovo to Programme networking events and project partners meetings.
- Experience in managing donor funded programs / projects;
- Proven teamwork with the capacity to work in a multicultural environment;
- Understand well and have knowledge of the region where the project is located.
Deadline for submission of your CV and motivation letter to the following address email@example.com is 22nd of February.